The cemetery was opened on 28th November 1856, the Church of England section being consecrated by Bishop Gilbert of Chichester, followed by a service in All Saints Church. The first burial was that of ‘Yorky’ Smith.
To see Plan of cemetery click on Cemetery Heading on green menu bar above.
Database of extant memorials in A -
"the grave's a fine and private place…" exploring Hastings Cemetery
Why not rest, relax and reflect awhile, sitting on the OHPS / FoHC seat, located on EL, and take in the magnificent view.
To arrange a Cemetery Walk
email Anne Scott